Re: [OM] [OT] Flat bed scanner question

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Flat bed scanner question
From: "John Cwiklinski" <plinkochips@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:29:11 -0700
Chuck wrote:

Could a flat bed scanner focus on an airial image?  If I disabled the
lamp on a flatbed scanner and then focused an image from a slide projector at the plane of the scanner's glass would the scanner be able
to focus on and capture the image?  I'm pretty sure a ground glass would
work but it seems that would introduce some undesirable grain.
<<

Out of curiosity, I have attempted to do this using my flatbed HP ScanJet 6300C. This idea has merit, but my conclusion is that it is too much work to get the desired result. The projected image must reside very near the scanner glass in order for the scan to be successful.

John Cwiklinski