Re: [OM] M1.....anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] M1.....anyone?
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:50:08 -0700
Doesn't prove anything one way or the other. My early, pre MD, OM-1 has those screws at serial #206xxx. I assume they disappeared when the pressure plate got bigger. In fact, other than the crosspoint screws on the lens mount, this early OM-1 matches all of the external clues for an M-1 on Mark's M-1 page <http://olympus.dementia.org/M-1/> . When I put in a new prism, I'll check the internal clues. I've always assumed, since the name change was only to satisy Leic*, rather than any sort of planned model change, that the first OM-1s may have simply been M-1s with different top plates. Might some bodies even have had the top plates changed post production? Is it even certain that the switch to crosspoint screws for the lens mount happened exactly when the name on the top plate changed and not a little before or after?

Moose

Dinkar Jhalera wrote:

I am not sure whether it is a fraud as I did not look at the screw heads. I
did ask the seller whether had the right back on the back. His answer was it
had 38x51mm film pressure plate which is correct and he also send me a
picture of the inside with the back open and to me it looks genuine as it
still had the 2 little screws near the take up spool end.