Re: [OM] ever the contrarian...

Subject: Re: [OM] ever the contrarian...
From: Matt Crawley <matt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:45:30 -0600
Hi Everyone.

I'm of the same view as Bill.

I originally had just a 28mm and I always thought that the 24mm would be the
hot ticket... for me it just isn't.

I find it too wide for the subjects I want to shoot with it and this results
in shots with too much background and not enough detail to crop how I want.
I have an 18mm for when I want to go W...I...D...E and I thought the 24mm
would replace the 28mm. In reality it just sits in the camera bag.

IMO 28mm is a REALLY nice focal length. It enables me to add a little or a
lot of "wide angle" to a shot depending on camera position. With the 24mm it
is more of an all or nothing... I suppose the 24mm may be a better lens for
landscapes but I just don't shoot many landscapes.

I know I could probably learn to use the 24mm in a way that satisfied me but
I just like the 28mm... And from my experiences even cheap 28mms capture
very nice images. It seems to be one of those focal lengths that is a little
easier to manufacture to high standards.

 - Matt Crawley