Re: [OM] [OT] Another status on the helicopter pilot

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Another status on the helicopter pilot
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 11:47:47 -0400
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He hasn't really found another place to work.  He had always flown for
the Army or NY National Guard since before joining the state police.
So, he's simply back to being a weekend warrior and back on the
promotion list to major after a nearly three year hiatus.  He used to
suffer from room-spinning vertigo.  Vertigo is perhaps too strong a term
for what residual is left after years of treatment.  He describes it as
a queasy feeling that passes in a second or two.  The FAA says no way.
The Army flight surgeons say OK by them.  So, he'll have some weekend
flight pay to supplement the disability retirement money but the sum is
not enough to live on.  Still has to find another job of some sort.

Yeah, I know what new, genuine OM caps cost.  That's why it was a
mini-Fang. :)  I hate to pay that for a piece of molded plastic,
especially for the rear caps which get worn out quickly and no longer
fit tightly.  Thanks to whomever suggested here some time ago putting a
dab of epoxy on the ears to rejuvenate them.

Has anyone ever made a metal rear lens cap that's machined like a body's
mounting flange?  Maybe Beljan Mfg. could make some.  Many years ago
Spiratone used to sell a camera case that had custom flanges inside for
snapping your lenses onto.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA