Re: [OM] NEVER READY BATTERIES

Subject: Re: [OM] NEVER READY BATTERIES
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:45:09 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Yes, I stick to Duracell batteries John.  I did not think much of
Energizer batteries when I lived in the US - shorter  life than
Duracell.

Chris<

My experience had been sort of the opposite.  It was the "Coppertops" that
let go in one of my 6V Power Pack 2's a while back.  And, speaking from
lessons learned there, in order to clean out the crystalized crud left
behind by battery excretions, I suggest you forget the baking soda/water
conconction mentioned here recently.  Plain old white vinegar will do the
trick, fizzing with great exuberance as it dissolves the offending stuff,
and it does an especially good job when aided by the brisk use of a
brass-bristled brush.  Watch out for the steel-bristled ones, though,
because they can do too much of a good thing sometimes.

Walt