[OM] ( OM ) Global operation of Summer Exchange

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Global operation of Summer Exchange
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:15:34 +1200
Hi folks,

At  long last I think I have figured out how this Summer Solstice Exchange
works on a global basis.

You see, if Southern Hemisphere list members were to get their prints in
June, it would be all wrong. After all, June sees the Winter Solstice roll
(slide) by here, on the ice.

So what I think actually takes place is this. The international postal
authorities, in an act of public duty and out of a strong sense of good order
and logic, hold the Southern Hemisphere deliveries in a secret place to
"mature" as their jargon has it (maybe in Wyoming ?). With the arrival of
December and the true month of Summer Solstice in the deep south, they
will release their treasure into the ordinary delivery system via a secret trap-
door.

So I eagerly await the arrival of December 2002 and a stiff, if faded and worn,
envelope with a precious cargo of a photographic print !!  It will make a
choice Christmas present <g>.

Brian