[OM] TTL Control of Sunpak Flash Head Questions

Subject: [OM] TTL Control of Sunpak Flash Head Questions
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:49:39 -0500
I just acquired two different Sunpak modules for TTL control of Sunpak flash units in a min-Fang deal. No, they're not for sale. I'm upgrading ability to put out some mondo flash power beyond that of a T-45. Looking for Sunpak gurus who can provide some information:

R.S. OT-5:
Takes a 6V battery and is a remote sensor with film speed and aperture dial. Looks like it has the same functionality as the Auto-310 remote sensor and then some with Shoe 4 contacts. Has a 5-pin cord (no, it's not the OM mini-DIN) that plugs into the flash head and two switches, one for TTL and "Normal Auto" using the onboard sensor, and the other that looks like it switches lenses in front of the sensor for "Normal" or "Telephoto" focal lengths (can someone confirm this). Suspect this fits older Sunpak flash heads. Would anyone know which ones and whether it's also compatible with any current Sunpak heads? I have a Sunpak 544 Auto which has a dummy plug where the plug from this would likely fit if there were circuitry to support it. Very well made. BTW, it also has a cool cold foot on the side and a Sunpak sub-mini phone jack for PC cord. Looks like that combination could be used with any camera to provide remote Normal Auto control mounted in a cold shoe.

OT-1D with EXT-11 Cord:
I know this will work with the current 622 Super and 555 (with EXT-11 cord), all TTL shoe mounts that need a module, and the 120JTTL (with EXT-10 cord); both TTL and in "Normal Auto" with its onboard sensor, depending on flash mode setting. Also very well made. Will it work with any older ones?

TIA,
-- John