RE: RE: RE: [OM] re: potential London trip forthcoming...what to shoo t

Subject: RE: RE: RE: [OM] re: potential London trip forthcoming...what to shoo t, what to se e?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:53:47 -0600
> 1.  You betcha...Take the 17mm!  The wides in the B&W London shots were
> taken with the C/V 15mm and 21mm lenses, so a 17mm drops right in there.
> like the wide angle and panoramic perspectives since they give such a
> feeling of place, which I think is important in travel pictures.  With an
OM
> kit, the 17mm (if we're talking Tokina here, or similar) will be one of
your
> bigger lenses.

 I'm not the guy going to London, for what it's worth, though I'll be doing
a _lot_ of travelling at the end of this year/most of next year, so I'm
still planning a travel kit. My original plan was just the 24/2 and
65-200/4, to keep things nice and small; I'm going to have to go home and
look through the viewfinder to see how much more I'd get with the 17/3.5
-vs- the 24/2.

 I guess there's always the two-travel-kits option; the stuff that I haul
around with me that lives in the hotel/wherever most of the time, and comes
out when I want to make a point of taking photos, and the convenient kit
that's carried with me most of the time. That way I can still carry lenses
I'd regret leaving behind, but not have to suffer their extra weight; the
17/3.5 would probably go in there, as would the 55/2.8 macro I've got --
neither are particularly small, but they give me extra abilities that it's
difficult to replicate otherwise. (and then there's the 50/1.4 for
low-light, etc, etc.. and suddenly I have all my lenses with me again. This
way leads madness..)

 -- dan