RE: [OM] Does my max ever get a chance to beat the Reserve?

Subject: RE: [OM] Does my max ever get a chance to beat the Reserve?
From: "Larry J. Clark" <ljclark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 05:26:58 -0400
Recently I had just the opposite experience (I think).  I was outbidding
another bidder, but my "first" max was just below the reserve.  I had
another bid "on deck" to inject in the last 10 or 15 seconds, just in case.
It turns out that this max was well above the reserve.  I think that e-Bay
took the max on this last bid and increased the amount I was "bidding" in
order to meet the reserve.  I'm guessing here, but "my" final bid was an
increment larger than the jump it would have taken to beat the next bidder.

Larry

 Paradigm Associates...
  "Providing Complex Solutions for Simple Problems"
     Visit our web site at:
         http://www.twodimes.org
     or set your navigation system to:
         38-46.883N  77-15.818W