[OM] re: potential London trip forthcoming...what to shoot, what to se e

Subject: [OM] re: potential London trip forthcoming...what to shoot, what to se e?
From: Sam Shiell <sam.shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:35:50 +0100
Hi,

First, the tube doesn't go to Manchester/Scotland, you'd have to do these by
main-line trains or bus. I don't recommend the bus... cheap but
hair-raising, and still takes forever. Scotland'll take you most of a day to
get to and the ticket'll empty your wallet, and (as Jon said) Manchester is
3 or 4 hours, but the ticket is still in the region of 50 UK pounds plus..

What to 'photo? When Martin Flink came to London a few months ago we spent
most of the time in the vicinity of the Thames/City of London... nice
historic buildings/loads of people etc. If you like doing crowds then get to
the street market that's near Liverpool street (Petticoat Lane).

There's loads of building work going on at the moment so if you like
photographic architecture/cranes/industrial stuff then it's all over the
place. In the financial centre of the city there's a number of particularly
interesting buildings gong up. By the way you can get most of St Pauls in a
35mm now, they've knocked a couple of buildings down.

Let us know details nearer the date, perhaps we can meet.

Regards,

Sam

This e-mail and any attached files are intended solely for the named
addressee only. It may contain information that is confidential, legally
privileged and protected by copyright. Unless you are the named addressee
(or authorised to receive on behalf of the addressee) you may not copy, use
or disclose its contents to anyone else. If you received this e-mail in
error please notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your
system. We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses although
we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which may be
transferred by way of this e-mail.