RE: [OM] Extension Tubes

Subject: RE: [OM] Extension Tubes
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:42:41 -0600
> I know he's genuine, so no worries there, but he's asking 30GBP for the
set.
> Is this fair for this item ?  I know a little about the original Olympus
> extension tubes, but don't know about the aftermarket Jessops ones.  I'm
> thinking it's a good deal, but would like some re-assurance !

 This is a good deal -- prices on extension tubes vary a lot, so you could
probably pay a bit less than that if you waited and watched eBay, but that's
certainly a fair price.

 As for om-vs-others, extension tubes are all (basically) the same -- as
long as the little bits that send the aperture info back and forth all move
properly, you're fine. The only "bad" ones are the earlier OM ones that are
manual and force you to stop the lens down by hand, and those still work,
they're just more awkward to use.

 -- dan