Re: [OM] Made In Japan

Subject: Re: [OM] Made In Japan
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:23:26 -0400
They're all made in Japan.  It's just the markings on the 50 f/1.8 lens that
people talk about the "Made in Japan" lens.  With that particular lens, the
absolute latest formulation, they changed the text on the front of the lens.
Earlier versions just said Japan.  Or F.Zuiko. Or MC.  The last version says
(said) "Made in Japan".

As for a difference in quality, any of the later lenses (Japan, MC, Made in
Japan) are good.  Current belief is MIJ is the best, but most people
couldn't tell the difference in the results.  The older F.Zuiko are, well,
older and not quite as good.

Tom