Re: [OM] light travel kit usage [CH Ling]

Subject: Re: [OM] light travel kit usage [CH Ling]
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 05:19:10 -0500
I've shot successfully down to even 1/2 sec *handheld* with 100 ASA - albeit often over a rest/support. Of course many such shots would not stand to be enlarged much past 7x5. But I have had very good results even 1/8th - 1/30th sec. Practice.

Of course you can not get much out of focus effect as the aperture number goes up. But it must be kept in mind that most of my photographs were typically of a general interest nature. I took far more landscapes, architecture etc than anything else; and most people subjects were included as they stood - rather than portraits per se, and I nearly always was looking for good depth of field.

I was well aware of the cameras limitations; but it's size and portability meant I had it with me often - even at work. And it *never* failed in a decade and a half, summer or winter, rain or shine, around town or up on the mountains. This despite the potentially catastrophic drop quite early on, and never having any servicing of any kind.

Cheers,
LEE