Re: [OM] (( OM) ( OT ) eBay acquires PayPal

Subject: Re: [OM] (( OM) ( OT ) eBay acquires PayPal
From: Tom Wagner <twag@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:21:19 -0400

Letter from the PayPal Team Dear PayPal Member, As you may have heard, PayPal recently agreed to be acquired by eBay?. Both companies share a common goal -- to enable PayPal members and eBay users to transact with greater ease, speed and safety -- and we look forward to working with eBay to achieve this goal. Still the Same PayPal When the acquisition is finalized later this year, the PayPal brand and website will remain distinct from eBay's, and PayPal will be run as an independent unit by the same team that's working here today. PayPal will also continue to offer a wide variety of non-auction services, including our Web Accept tools that let sellers accept payments directly from a website. And eBay has said that at this time they do not plan to raise fees for either PayPal or eBay. Exciting Improvements eBay's purchase of PayPal does mean that we'll be able to pursue some exciting improvements. Once the acquisition is completed, PayPal will be fully integrated into eBay's website, making it even easier for you to use PayPal to collect payments for your eBay auctions. And PayPal's commitment to rapidly developing new, innovative features isn't going to change. In the months to come you'll see many major new features from us, including: Transactions in Multiple Currencies

Enhancements to our Shipping service

Additional tools for collecting auction payments We believe that our acquisition by eBay will enable us to focus on building the best payment tools for you. Thanks to our Members We're excited that PayPal is joining the eBay family, and we hope you are, too. If you have additional questions about eBay's upcoming acquisition of PayPal, be sure to click here to view a list of frequently asked questions. Thanks for making PayPal the world's #1 online payment service! Sincerely,
The PayPal Team

On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 09:57:45 +1200