Re: [OM] [OT] Digital Camera Recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Digital Camera Recommendations
From: John and Julie Ockman <jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:35:47 -0400
Mike,
 I use an Olympus C-4040 for my eBay auction, and my wife's camera, that
I like a lot. I think it will do every thing you ask, except the
microdrive. 128 Meg will hold alot of label shots. I payed $800 about 4
months ago. You may be able to get it cheaper on-line. Some peolpe have
mentioned that they do not like digital zoom, and you will probably need
it to do your labels properly, but I cannot see the image being affected
enough to preclude you from using it for archiving label shots. It does
have a macro capability that I use to take shots of small parts of
camera equipment for detail as self explanation in my auctions. There is
another macro lense available that I have seen no need for.
This is just the opinion of someone who is very limited in experiecne
with digital equipment, so please take it that way.
John