Re: [OM] light travel kit usage (now small travel cameras)

Subject: Re: [OM] light travel kit usage (now small travel cameras)
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:23:39 -0400
CH, I agree with you.  Even with the vaunted Zeiss lens, I couldn't bring
myself to buy a camera with a 40mm scale focusing lens.  I'm too much of a
stickler.  If it were a 24mm lens, I could see it, but it basically means
that you're giving up the wider apertures of the Rollei for relatively near
distances.  Not for me.

So the Minox and the Rollei have never been home with me.  I bought a
Contax T2 instead (fabulous pictures from that camera).  The Contax T is
also viable with it's RF, but it's now pricey.  The Zeiss lenses outperform
the little XA's Zuiko unfortunately (I've had an XA for 15 years).  I do
take the XA out sometimes, you can't beat it for silence and pocketability.

Skip