Re: [OM] how would you design *YOUR* OM-X?[T Clausen]

Subject: Re: [OM] how would you design *YOUR* OM-X?[T Clausen]
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 03:47:45 -0500
I would have to agree with the gent who speculated that there would be a somewhat limited market for them, based on the cost. But it would certainly have appeal for those that could afford it. And I also have to agree with those who would contend that the "stock" factory OM-1 should, if not abused or neglected, run for a very long time - and even if it does not, can likely be repaired. Having a second one increases the odds even more. That is of course some of the appeal of the OM-1, and as pointed out by Moose, the OM-1n is about as good as it gets in this regards.

As for patents, I think they have a pretty limited life. But should it be allowed to die, I do not think OM or anyone else will be falling over themselves to take it up. But.. then again.. I am just reading about this Voigtlaender Besser R2 (!)

Cheers, Lee