[OM] I'm back! And a Ping: Mike Veglia and Paul Schings

Subject: [OM] I'm back! And a Ping: Mike Veglia and Paul Schings
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 22:58:58 -0700
Cc: scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey guys,
I inadvertantly went off-list for the last month or so....its summer, and I have been busy doing lot of motorcycle riding. I just did a track day with a bunch of buddies on the 4th of July at Thunderhill up in Nor. Cal. on my 600 Honda sportbike. I had a *great* time, though it was quite hot, and we were panting like dogs after each stint on the track. I fitted race rubber on the bike for the first time, and it made a huge difference! I was draggin' my knee everywhere, just like my roadracing days, even through the fast stuff (and believe me, at T-Hill there's some fast stuff , like Turn 1-just ask Mike V.!) Yee ha! I will post some track day action pix for you Oly list motorheads when I get them back from the photographer.

Things got so busy, I didn't have time to keep up with the daily digest(s), or even get an entry in to Tope 10 (dang). What I saw in the TOPE looked fantastic, though, Kudos to everyone.

Also, the stuff on the summer exchange looked fantastic, too, though I never got my exchange photo (what's up with that?!?) :-(

Paul, did you get the photo I sent you? Write me offline and I will provide details.

Sooo....how's things? Any new stuff I should know about? Any scandalous behavior been goin' on here since I've been away?

Mike,
Are you going down to Laguna Seca for the World Superbike races? I will be down there from Thursday through Sunday. Still don't have "access", but I will be doing a lot of photography. And I do have a pass for the hot pit for practice and qualifying, so maybe I will see you there getting some "character" shots!

I've been soooo busy lately, but I will make a point to contridbute more often....later fellow Zuiks!

Best,
Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!