Re: [OM] how would you design *YOUR* OM-X?

Subject: Re: [OM] how would you design *YOUR* OM-X?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:46:51 -0700
I can't believe that no one picked up on this thread, so here is some
more stimulation (or has this already been discussed to death?)

What if they had designed a film back (or even a separate body) that
could do x-pan style panoramics?  If one used the shift lenses, then it
could cover the greater area required....

Anyway, how would you design a new piece to the OM system that would
capture the essence of the "OM-X"?

Bob Gries

An 8 megapixel digital back of course.  And a lens that will tilt and
shift. A  new line of "S" lenses maybe including some plastic
aspheric elements that duplicate the performance of the white Zuikos
for a third of the price.  Some new zooms with similar technology to
the great IS models.  Matrix metering for center weighted mode.
Dial-in fill flash. Faster shutter synch.  Further work on the quiet
shutter and the ability to use a semi silvered mirror that can be
locked in place for a stealth mode like an old Canon Pellix. Aperture
read out in the finder.

Yeah, it has been done a lot, but not recently. It was fun when
people thought there might be an OM5 and OM6. It is not fun, at least
for me, to speculate about the next digital wonderbrick even if
Olympus makes it.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California