[OM] Use of flash TTL shoe cord & pink eye

Subject: [OM] Use of flash TTL shoe cord & pink eye
From: plp@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 02:37:39 GMT
Cc:
For those of you who use a flash TTL shoe cord, what do you
use it for?  Do you use it only to lighten up the side of a
person's face, the side away from the main light source?
Do you use it to eliminate pink eye?  If so, where do you
hold the flash, above your head?  How about if you are taking
a shot of a flat, shiny surface, and want to eliminate the
shine, so you hold the flash above or below the flat object?
I'm looking for ways that people use an off-centered flash,
because I know I can learn something from the answers.

Pete