[OM] FS 21mm & 24mm SC

Subject: [OM] FS 21mm & 24mm SC
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 19:57:41 -0700
As long as we're discussing them, if anyone on the list wants a 21/3.5 or 24/2.8 SC, I have one of each I'm willing to part with.

The 21/3.5 is available for $280. The lens is essentially perfect except for two small, not very obvious, dings. There is one that looks from a distance like a little piece of dirt or goop. but is actually a ding in the aperture ring. The other is 2 superficial adjacent dings in the outside of the very front ring. The marks are superficial and have no effect on operation at all. All the rest of the finish is new looking, aperture works perfectly and the glass and coatings are untouched, perfect. I don't have a case to match it, but it has original Oly caps.

The 24/2.8 has only subtle signs of use on the silver nose and the aperture ring. It has what appears to be a small sliver of blackening paint that flaked off and fell on an inner element. Since it is small and black, it doesn't affect images. All other coatings, functions perfect. Comes with a like new box with matching serial #, hard case in good shape but with a couple of indentations where it spent too long up against a strap or some such in a camera bag, hood, original caps and instructions sheet. I'm asking $175 for this one.

Priority Mail for either in US with insurance is $8, anyplace else at my cost. 7 day trial; if you don't like it, you pay for postage both ways and I refund the price of the lens. I'll take pics if you want 'em, but not 'till my digital camera comes back from loan on Wed. MO, cash, check or PayPal (from PayPal account or bank transfer only, no credit cards). Reply off list.

Thanks,
   Moose

plp@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Gary's lens tests only include a SC 21mm f3.5, but the
Unofficial Olympus OM Zuiko Lens Page suggests that a MC
version of this lens is the current one.  Also, it seems
to be a trend that the cheaper wide angle lenses were
better in the SC versions.  The 24mm f2.8 comes to mind.
Has anyone compared the SC & MC versions of the 21mm f3.5
(if the MC version exists, of course)?  With the 24mm f2.8,
the distortion became worse in the MC version.  I am very
curious if the waveforming and/or barrel distortion became
worse in the MC 21mm f3.5.