Re: [OM] help with winder 1

Subject: Re: [OM] help with winder 1
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 12:33:40 -0700
> On my Winder 1 there is an unmarked detent between the Single and DC 4-6v
> position.  This appears to be another off position.

Thanks, Bill, as I suspected.

>   There is a second
> detent opposite the "v" in DC 4-6v.  The winder is active at this switch
> position.

When you say "active" do you mean with batteries or with external power?
>From the looks of the thing inside it would appear that it didn't really
matter which position, "SINGLE" or the 4-6v position, was selected for
either batteries or external power. The switch for the different
supplies is, I suspect, a little spring loaded contact inside the socket
and inaccessible. I was hoping that someone with the external power pack
could pull the battery tray and see if the winder worked in both
positions on external power. This would confirm my theory I think. I any
event a short jumper wire should do the trick.

Mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West