[OM] [OT] Q for Oly List Bicycle Enthusiasts

Subject: [OM] [OT] Q for Oly List Bicycle Enthusiasts
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 09:37:20 -0700
For my left field, way OT post of the year I seek advice. I know from past
threads there are a lot of cycling enthusiasts on this here list. (I am a
closet cycling enthusiast--have ridden a lot at different times in my life,
but you would not know it from seeing me today ;-). It is to you cyclists I
ask the following advice. The rest of you, feel free to delete now and try
not to flame me for my rare OT post :)

I have this huge old Cinelli Speciale Corsa frame that I want to sell (no, I
never rode it...I don't think I even could--it's huge) . It really deserves
proper restoration and I'll likely sell it as-is. Did I say it was huge? It
measures 63.5cm c-c on the seat tube (65.5 c-t), 58cm c-c top tube, and a
21.5cm (total length) head tube. Paint is original and it really should be
stripped and painted. It does have some surface rust on the chrome lugs (but
no serious rust that would prevent it from being a beautiful frame again
with restoration). I'm pretty sure decals can be obtained from Cinelli to do
a proper restoration. The serial number is in the 43xx range and while it
was built all Campy Record, the brakes were Universal center pulls so I
would guess this is a mid-to-late 1960s vintage. Typical beautiful Cinelli
frame with sloping crown fork with monster tangs, Columbus tubing, Campy
drop outs with eyelets left on, exceptional workmanship (of course). I want
to make it go away and think selling it as-is for someone else to restore
and build up is best. It includes a Campy Record Head Set and Bottom
Bracket.

So all you cycling zuikoholics, any WAG what this thing may be worth, or
where to find out? I have no clue where to start--been away from cycling too
long now to know.

Mandatory Olympus content: I'll take some pictures of it with an Olympus
camera for anyone curious (and the likely evil-bay ad). TIA for any and all
advice.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com