Re: [OM] ( OM ) New zoom lens test uploaded.

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) New zoom lens test uploaded.
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:52:19 -0500
At 04:27 PM 6/28/2002 -0700, you wrote:
Reading further, the review notes that 'half click stops would be nice'.
Having been inside a couple of Zuiko lenses, the aperture clicks are made by
a detent ball riding into slots inside the aperture ring... I suppose you
could add 'half-stops' just by filing additional slots. If done carefully,
they wouldn't show, and if positioned correctly they would probably be close
to really being 1/2 stop spacing. Getting the grooves the right depth and
width might be a little tricky, but I suppose you could make them shallower,
and have them be light stops... maybe I'll sacrifice a 50/1.8 to experiment
with this.

One of the reasons to like Zuikos is the absence of pesky half-stop clicks. Sometimes I like to have the option of one-third stops.

I wish the exposure comp dial on my OM-4 had half-stop clicks though.

Joel W.