Re: [OM] Blade Runner; Ansel Adams

Subject: Re: [OM] Blade Runner; Ansel Adams
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:54:21 -0700
on 6/28/02 2:12 PM, William Sommerwerck at williams@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Adams was also one of the earliest fans of Land photography, which allows only
> a slight adjustment of contrast by varying the development time. Some of his
> finest photos were taken with 50-series sheet film. (Some of these were made
> with the permanent-negative material, but I've always assumed the book
> reproductions are from the unique original.)

Even here there's a school of art that uses the older SX-70 cameras and film
then physically manipulates the images to create 'art'. Its one of the
continuing sources of demand for the film and cameras, as the newer Polaroid
materials don't stay 'fluid' as long. I didn't think you could get the film
anymore, but it turns out that you can, and you can modify the SX-70 cameras
to use the '600' series film which is much more available. And every
Polaroid image *is* a unique original.
--

Jim Brokaw