[OM] Re: Data Back 4 on OM-2

Subject: [OM] Re: Data Back 4 on OM-2
From: "Dave Dougherty" <davdou@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 16:53:04 -0700
I have a NIB Data  Back 4.  In looking at the system chart circa 06/85 I
note that a Data Back 4 (New Type) will work with an OM-2.  How do I know if
I have a "New Type"?  I shot some photos with the back on the OM-2 and the
date did not show up.

I have noted that with the Data Back open, a flash on the hot shoe will not
fire.  So there is an electrical contact of some sort between the back and
the camera body. (?)  This implies that the Data back is triggered by the
shutter just as a flash is.

Now before you folks pile on,  yes I did have it turned on -:).

Dave Dougherty