[OM] ( OM ) evaluating test shot detail

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) evaluating test shot detail
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:21:12 +1200
Hi one and all,

Several digests ago, Dreammoose suggested I use a microscope for slide
evaluation.

If it came to buying one, probably buying a different projector would be a
more realistic proposition. Similar weight, more available 2nd hand.

However, I DO have an old work-mate friend who is a fish pathologist; he
might agree to me invading his lab for half an hour or so. Especially since he
shares an interest in photography.

The helpful person at Mr Cad (UK) who advised that Leitz Colorplan lenses
would not work in my Reflecta projector despite the barrel diameter being the
same, said this is so because they will not back focus to suit my unit. Now I
wonder if this is due to a simple matter such as not being able to get the
lens close enough or far enough from the film; or something else.

I wonder if knowing the distance from slide to rear lens element would help
figure this out.

Any advice most welcome.

Brian