[OM] All this talk about HTML

Subject: [OM] All this talk about HTML
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:04:16 EDT
Mike wrote:
but it still keeps rolling in
>snip

As George requested, please be patient with us AOL users (and others).  I
just sent George a 4-page email I got from AOL tech help this morning, after
2 previousl unfruitful conversations.  Some of us aren't as technically
astute as some others.  For me, doing the "reset" routine to go back to plain
text (for V7.0) was a piece of cake.  Couldn't be easier.  But I had OTHER
issues, such as connection problems, that were driving me crazy (George is
experiencing that, too).  And the usual advice to run scandisk, defrag,
delete temp files, etc. were NOT the problem.  The 4 page email helped.  I
was about to get nasty with the 3rd tech (named "Genesis" -- yeah, and I'm
Moses) and tell him what I thought of AOL when he suggested that he email me
a list of suggestions.... After getting it, and seeing the results, I wrote
him back a thank you.  I'm feeling better about AOL this afternoon.  I got
some bygosh rubber-meets-the-road HELP.

Seems there IS a solution to each of our problems, whether we are using a
particular version of AOL or some other ISP.  We each just have to take the
time and make the effort to keep trying various configurations until
something WORKS.

MEANWHILE, while we are all being patient with eachother, we ALL can snip,
snip, snip those posts that we want to quote/answer.

Rich

PS  If anyone else using AOL would like me to, I'd be glad to forward that
tech email.  It applies to any version of AOL, and there are different
sections for different OSs: W95, 98, ME, XP, etc.  Email me offlist and I'll
forward it to ya.  Doesn't address HTML, just connection and general overall
operation issues.