[OM] HTML Test

Subject: [OM] HTML Test
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 02:59:24 EDT
This is a test of the "Settings" "Preferences" "Communications" "Font, Text,
and Graphics" "Reset" "Save" routine suggested by Richard Sexton for sending
plain text from AOL V7.0.

I have been refraining from making ANY posts to the list because of the HTML
showing up in my posts, not to mention others'.  I get as frustrated as
anyone else scrolling thru all that, and sure don't want to add to the
problem.

Someone asks if AOL is that good.  Maybe Susan is happy with it -- that makes
exactly ONE person I know of.  NO ONE else I've talked with likes it,
including me.  The only reason I'm sticking with it "for the moment" is that
I'm currently unemployed and using my AOL email address on my resume and job
applications and don't want to switch horses in the middle of the stream, so
to speak.  If the financial resources get low enough, I'll dump AOL anyway,
as I can get better dial-up service for less money (and DSL for not much
more).  After all, I have 2 OMs to send off for repair/CLA!!!

AOL's General Motors-like canned corporate runaround responses to Jay's
inquiries about the plain text/HTML problem (see http://jay.mbz.org/aol/)
tell the story.  They don't care... because they don't have to!  I'll be
happy to say one of these days that I dumped AOL in '02.

Rich