Re: [OM] Help with 75-150mm f4-5.6 Zuiko zoom lens.

Subject: Re: [OM] Help with 75-150mm f4-5.6 Zuiko zoom lens.
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:22:22 -0700
Gareth:

This is one of my personal favorite lenses.  We have a periodic
"favorite lens" survey on the list, and I vote for the 75~150 (I'm the
only one, though <g>)  It has a permanent home in the main bag.  I use
it for my "old barn" landscapes, and for portraits.  It is lower in
contrast than most Zuikos.  My recollection is that it has fourteen
elements, and mine is a "Silver Nose".  I don't think many were
multi-coated, which might make a *real* difference, given the number of
elements in this design.

This lens also works surprising well for macro use, at least on
three-dimensional objects, such as flowers.  I use it with a 25 mm
extension tube and a 49 mm close-up lens.

The price sounds good, too.

Bill Stanke