Re: [OM] Decent prices in UK shock

Subject: Re: [OM] Decent prices in UK shock
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 05:54:16 +0100
Cc: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Yes, thanks for that George ;-).  My consolation is that the lens is
otherwise perfect and it cost me £150GBP (about $215).  It is a fat
beast though.

Chris

At 19:40 -0400 17/6/02, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hey Chris,

If you buy his story that the paint came off while that "never on a
body"  lens was packed away in the box, I've got a bridge in
Brooklyn I'd like to sell you....it never was used.... <g>

George S.

I managed to bag a pretty mint 50/1.2 today (with box, instructions
and guarantee from about 1994).  It was meant to be like new, but it
has a little of the paint worn off part of the aperture ring.  I
spoke to the vendor who swears that it has not been on a camera
(looks like it with no scratches on the mounting plate) or been in a
camera bag.  Has anyone heard of the paint job being a little fragile
on these lenses?

--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker