[OM] FS: 'user' condition Zuiko 50/3.5 macro & 85/2.0 lenses

Subject: [OM] FS: 'user' condition Zuiko 50/3.5 macro & 85/2.0 lenses
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 00:04:18 -0700
I have a couple of duplicates from my Zuiko inventory, these lenses are in
'user' shape, but if you don't have the need for the most pristine examples
perhaps they can work for you...

Zuiko 50/3.5 macro, MC (I think, it just says 'Zuiko' on the ring), s/n
2047XX. This lens has brassing and a small ding on the aperture ring, a few
bright mars on the edge of the filter ring (black nose). The focus is
smooth, the aperture closes and springs back smartly. There is some dust and
a few cleaning marks on the glass, but overall it's in good 'user' shape.
With Olympus base and lens caps, $135 + your choice of shipping at cost.

Zuiko 85/2.0 tele, MC (I think - again, it just says 'Zuiko' on the ring),
s/n 2054XX. This lens has wear and brassing on the aperture ring, and it
appears the filter ring was bent and was straightened with pliers... A
filter *will* thread on completely, and the lens will look better if one is
left on it. There are some small dings on the (black nose) rim, and some
scratches and dings on the nose side where the straightening was done. The
focus feels smooth, the aperture opens and closes crisply. There is dust and
cleaning marks on the elements, and the front element has some small
scratches (~1/32" size) on it. How much effect on an image these would have
I don't know... If you use this lens for portraits maybe they will add
softening to the image, but I think they are too small to have any real
effect. Again, this is a 'user' lens, not perfect but still capable. With
Olympus base and lens caps, $175 + your choice of shipping at cost.

Please email me if you need further description, or want some pictures
emailed. I'll give a 7-day return privilege if I've been deficient in
describing the lenses, less the shipping one way. If nobody is interested,
I'll probably throw these on 'the bay' next week, the list prices will be my
reserve. Thanks for looking!
--

Jim Brokaw