[OM] Re ( OM ) 75 - 150

Subject: [OM] Re ( OM ) 75 - 150
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:43:52 +1200
Hi folks,

The 75-150 Zuiko I scored from a local e-market arrived. $NZ 52 !!

I tried fitting it on to an OM body - and - surprise, surprise; no go.

Looked at the mounting flange, and there was the culprit; one of the three
chromium plated + head screws in the chromium-plated plate was  (is) a
foreigner, and sat ever so slightly proud of the surface. The other two were
quite loose - not any more. Somebody had tried filing the foreign screw down
flat and had badly scored the mounting flange in the process. I imagine,
since the two originals were still loose, the third one fell right out at some
stage in the game and got lost.

I tried unscrewing it using considerable pressure to hold the screw-driver in
the slots - to no avail - and damaged the slots in the process.

I figured I had nothing to lose now, so I got out my set of trusty Spear &
Jackson needle files and filed the screw down flush, and with very fine paper
sanded everything smooth and removed all filings. If ever I want to take that
screw out I can re-do the cross-slots with an engraving tool. Or drill it out.

Then the lens fitted the camera like a dream. No wonder it had had no use,
and looks it. Also, once the faulty screw had been dealt to, the aperture
which had been very lazy, snapped into life again.

It sometimes doesn't quite reach infinity focus, but I figure that is a minor
matter.

This lens is a silver-nose. S/N 1509xx.  Were any of these MC?

Cheers, Brian
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/photography/zuikoholics/members.htm