Re: [OM] OM-1 Curiosity...FRAUD!!!???

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 Curiosity...FRAUD!!!???
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:35:52 -0400
I have one of the more and more elusive NON-MD OM-1's. S/n # 128XXX. There is NO place for the MD decal and the parts schematic matches the M-1. When the MD version came out, some of the small internal gear components, & other miscellaneous parts were changed. To tell if it is a "Real" non-MD OM-1 (because the gears are in place for MD on the non-md model to allow for easy modification to MD), remove the bottom plate and locate where the guide pin hole would normally be on a later OM-1. if the pin hole is there and looks like it was done at the factory, it's an MD model. If it's not there or it has been obviously drilled out, then it's a non-MD version.

As far as additional value is concerned, I wasn't aware of much (if any) of a price difference.

HTH