[OM] Flash brackets + TTL?

Subject: [OM] Flash brackets + TTL?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 15:18:06 -0600
 One other thing I picked up at the garage sale; a generic flash bracket.

 The problem I have is that it seems to stop the flash working; what I did
is:

 1. screw flash bracket into tripod mount of camera
 2. put T-32 in shoe on flash bracket
 3. connect TTL cord between OM-2S and T32
 4. take shot.

 and the flash doesn't fire (the little 'under' indicator lights up in the
viewfinder, so I think the camera's at least trying to fire it). If I remove
it from the shoe, everything's fine, flash fires. What's really weird is
that I tried putting electrical tape over the shoe to make sure there's no
shorting of pins going on, and still, the T32 doesn't fire.

 Am I missing something important here?

 thanks,

 -- dan