RE: [OM] Storage (Robert)

Subject: RE: [OM] Storage (Robert)
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 01:42:25 -0500
Robert,

Yes - the foam makes them sort of permanent arrangements. I was thinking of buying extra foam inserts tailored to different combos but it would be too expensive. But someone with the will and time could construct a fairly well-padded interior with divided compartments using closed cell foam sheet (like those camping mats).

Me, I like the shock/impact protection of the foam. I am working to arrange three basic kits in three different cases. I already have two Pelican cases for camera use; but they are smallish and really suited to a body + zoom + a wide angle or standard and a few accessory bits. Next purchase is going to be a largish case - maybe a Hardigg - for at least two bodies + fairly good mix of lenses + accessories like filters, etc.

Then my only only dilemma will be loading the car......... WHICH one do I take today??! ;)