[OM] a visit to Fang country...

Subject: [OM] a visit to Fang country...
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 19:27:40 -0700
I was out prowling the thrift stores this afternoon, and as it was along the
path I thought I would stop by the local high-end camera store... they
sometimes have a few Olympus bits, and although the prices aren't usually
worthwhile I like to keep them in the game... After looking at the fairly
thin selection of Zuikos (a 28/3.5, 35.2.8, 50/1.8, 50/1.4, couple of
75-150/4.0's, a clean 65-200/4.0 for $199) I asked to see the nice-looking
IS-3 sitting next to the lenses, just for curiosity's sake.

My curiosity became more serious interest when I saw that the marked price
was $89.99... after a quick checkover to verify the salesperson's statement
that "There's nothing wrong with it." I, needless to say, snapped it up...

It does indeed appear to have all functions working well, and the smooth
plastic with hardly any marks or scratches suggests that it was not used
much until now... ;-)  As I already have an IS-3, I can't say I 'need'
another, but what does 'need' have to do with it, really...?
--

Jim Brokaw

and IS-3's and even less OM-oney...