[OM] OT: Colour filters needed..where can i get them

Subject: [OM] OT: Colour filters needed..where can i get them
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:04:18 -0400
Given the expertise of list members, I thought I would post a filter
question having to do with astronomy.

Does anyone know who makes 2 inch (48mm filters) now?  My dad wants to use
them as a "colour wheel" for an STV.  I have checked for him and cannot seem
to find appropriate tri-colour filters.  Optec sells some, but I wanted to
price compare.  I also called Lumicon, but they "can't get them anymore"
Any ideas here?  Orion also has them, but the RGB filters are not the right
ones for colour separation (the green was is ok though #58).

Also, is an IR blocking filter really necessary for astrophotography?  It
better for CCD or film?  I wouldn't have thought colour film would need an
IR blocking filter.

Sorry for the off topic post, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people on
the list (may of whom are also astrophotographers).

Thanks.
-Bill