[OM] batteries & chargers

Subject: [OM] batteries & chargers
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 05:33:45 -0700
1) Is the Oly charger a microprocessor charger?

Probably not. In any case, whether a charger uses a microprocessor has
little bearing on what it can or cannot do. If a charger is designed for a
particular cell, adding a microprocessor would raise the price without
adding any useful features -- such as being able to handle different cell
types.

2) Can I interchange NiMH batteries and chargers, eg, charge the Instant
Replay batteries in my faster Oly charger?

In general, quick-charge chargers require cells that can handle the rapid
charging without being damaged. I'd be very cautious about swapping cells.