Re: [OM] Plastic lenses, was TAMRON 28-80 SP

Subject: Re: [OM] Plastic lenses, was TAMRON 28-80 SP
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 09:30:06 +1200
Hi Folks

A repair-man (now retired) who sold me my new Zuiko 100-200 zoom, and
who used to service it for me, told me that the glass is held in place by
plastic.

He thought it was a good idea - if damaged, the distorted plastic resumes its
former shape - something metal does not do.

Down-side for an owner - I have found that this lens has to be treated quite
carefully (no knocks, not that I'm in the habit of knocking my lenses.), or
else the glass may get out of position.

Brian