RE: [OM] [OT]silica/silicone

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT]silica/silicone
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:04:45 -0700
I'm pretty sure most makers using aluminium blocks use steel sleeves or
liners.  Like you, I may be  and am quite likely dead wrong.

BTW, the Vega wasn't the first iteration of this type of motor meltdown.
American Motors tried it in '62 and '63 with one of their straight six
motors....  with quite similar results.