Re: [OM] Grease for BG2?... was Another BG2 Question...

Subject: Re: [OM] Grease for BG2?... was Another BG2 Question...
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 18:20:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 30 May 2002, Chris Barker wrote:

> Which sort of grease do you have to use to replace the hardened stuff
> Bill?  Or do you not need to replace it once you have released the
> parts, dismantled the area and reassembled it?

My favourite general purpose grease is a silicon based lubricant called
Sil-Glyde made by AGS.  It's designed for automotive brake calipers and
can be found at any good automotive parts supplier.  It's designed for
high temperature applications and is pretty much guaranteed to not migrate
from where it's put.  It's good for things like the BG2, but I wouldn't use
it for someting like a lens helicoid.  It's a bit too thick for that.
                                -mark