[OM]Correction lenses for Eye Cup 1

Subject: [OM]Correction lenses for Eye Cup 1
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 18:06:10 +0100
I have 2 Eyecup 1s, in both of which I installed my own corrective
lenses, made by separate opticians.  the one in Germany made it free
for me, after I had spent about £400 (GBP) on a pair of spectacles
from him.  The other cost me about £10 (GBP) from a Dutch optician,
presumably because I had not spent that much money with him.

I don't mind not being able to leave the Eyecups on to open the back,
but I wish I had built-in correction so that I did not have to worry
about wearing specs or not.  At the moment, I have to remove my specs
to use a camera, or take the Eyecups off my OM2SP or OM1N; if I am
out taking photos, I tend to put a pair of Croakies on my specs to
allow me to have the specs dangling around my neck.

In case you're wondering, no the 400-quid spectacles did not have
gold plating and yes, I do have to keep them for a while (from 1998)
to justify the cost :>).

Chris