RE: [OM] TOPE question and OM service in Germany

Subject: RE: [OM] TOPE question and OM service in Germany
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 11:32:34 +0200
Hi Thomas,

> I am surprised to see that there are still new pictures added to former
> TOPEs. So that is possible? I tried to get a reasonable water picture for
> the current TOPE, but it did not work out within the set time window. But
> then I could try to make some contributions to former TOPEs. I would like
> to do that.

Officially spoken it is not possible, but for TOPE 1, which is open ended.
In the case of the latest TOPE 9 update, Mike had mentioned during the
submission period that a roll of his film with a potential entry on it was
missing. The date imprinted in his entry (handy that he used his databack
:) ) indicates that the shot was taken on march 26th, 2002, which is in the
shooting interval that was set for TOPE 9. Given these facts, and the kind
way Mike requested me to include it or reject at will, I decided that it
would be fair enough to include the entry.

Many people would like to take pictures (are use older great shots matching
a former theme) for older TOPEs still, but the issue is that we had
explicitely set out a specific timespan for each event. Nonetheless, on list
we discussed what we should do about this, and by list concensus it was
decided that each shot should indeed be taken more or less within the set
timelines, and that the same would go for submitting shots. This, would
still be subject to some leeway here and there, which is why Mike's shot did
make it to the gallery. In earlier TOPEs there are some images that were
taken well out of the timelines, but that was before we decided not to do so
anymore.

Sooooo, that's pretty much final. :)
Having said that, it's o.k. to still use the coming weekend for getting a
TOPE 10 entry. Being off by a few days is no issue.

Cheers!
Olafo