[OM] 300/4.5, was Orange/Yellow filters

Subject: [OM] 300/4.5, was Orange/Yellow filters
From: "Andy Gilbert" <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 23:08:53 +0100
Andrea Wrote:

If I'd been using my walking stick/monopod, I probably wouldn't have fallen
in
the first place!

I'm guessing from other posts that I'll have problems using the 300
handheld?
You can bet I won't be walking downhill with the camera + the 300 attached
to the
tripod, in any case.  From now on, all cameras and lenses will be safely
snugged
in the bag before I start to travel.  That way, I can tuck and roll.  :)
- - Andrea

 >>You can always try & brace against something, or use your monopod.  I
took this shot: http://www.pbase.com/image/2037666 leaning against a
lamppost.  The boats are  pretty sharp on the original, however the shutter
speed was 1/500 sec, at about f8, using
200ASA film.  This was my first shot with this lens, so I'm quite happy with
it.  I need to use it more though!  Good luck with yours, & hope the ankle
mends quickly.

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
Devon