RE: [OM] TOPE and UK repair shops + scanning

Subject: RE: [OM] TOPE and UK repair shops + scanning
From: "IanG" <I@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 13:01:28 -0700
Just to put things right. Hemel Hempstead is a small rural community on the
outskirts of London. Originally settled way back by Italian migrant workers
who were, if nothing else, industrious sauna and road builders. They were
affiliated with the Hemeliters tribe of Rome so, what with the local river
Hemp, the area became known as Hemel Hemp (or home) stead. Although an
obvious connection, there is no Hemp growing locally, honestly officer.

Main formal claim to fame is that Henry VIII housed one of his more well
know bits of fluff in a manor house not a stones throw from where I live....
well while she had a head anyway. The area is also more infamously known for
black magic and as a central gathering place for travellers. Ley lines used
to converge through the exact old town centre although back in the early
17th centuary these were moved by royal decree east to Royston As for large
jewish ladies, well, we are now a strongly multi cultural society, and much
more so since the opening of the UK channel tunnel exit just a few miles
down the road.

So, in all a quiet homely sort of place where the ingesting of many and
various enjoyable substances is frequently frowned upon and never condoned
although I have been given to understand that Steve down the road can, for
medicinal purposes only, provide a plethora of supplies at reasonable
prices.

I believe there is a web site for town although their description may vary
somewhat from the above.

Oh.... OM content... rights of passing were solomly pronounced on the 3030
by two different places this morning :-( Now to decide on a new digicam
(convenience) or that OM3Ti I've wanted ever since I trade my OM1n

Finally, I can do limited scanning for people, I have a Super Coolscan
4000ED (wonderfull) and a flatbed.. the occasional scan not a problem