[OM] [OT] Scanner help?

Subject: [OM] [OT] Scanner help?
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 07:47:47 -0800
I've been using the Acer Scanwit to scan the majority of my negs and slides
for a while now. I've never had any significant problems getting good scans.
However, I've been trying different films lately and I'm having a great deal
of trouble scanning the roll of Provia F I just shot (in part for the
current open TOPE).

Although the slides look sharp to me under a loupe, I'm getting consistently
"soft" scans. I also notice that there is essentially no visible grain in
the scans, even under significant magnification. So, a few questions:

1. Is Provia F typically this grainless?
2. Could this grainlessness be contributing to the "soft" scan results?
3. Anyone have any tips for getting good scans of Provia?

---
Scott Gomez