RE: [OM] vivitar 90 macro

Subject: RE: [OM] vivitar 90 macro
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 10:42:31 -0600
>is it a good tool ?
>there is one on *bay cheap
>http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1354379767

 I've got one, it's certainly a nice lens, but I think it's one of those
lenses where you need to put some work in to get the best results -- macro
shots at 90mm are pretty vulnerable to hand shake issues / wrong
depth-of-field / etc. It's also fairly large and heavy, so it's pretty
special-purpose.

 I think I've got to spend some time with a decent solid tripod and suchlike
to know what it's capable of; the handheld stuff I've shot looks okay, but
not as spectacular as the lenses reputation made me expect.

 http://people.smu.edu/rmonagha/third/cult.html#vivitar talks about this
more; searching on google, there's certainly some nice shots people have
taken with it..

 -- dan