[OM] Acer Scanwit and Monopods

Subject: [OM] Acer Scanwit and Monopods
From: "Andy Gilbert" <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 22:46:51 +0100
Stephen Scharf  Wrote:
<snip>
Also, regarding monopods....I've seen motorsports photographers using
monopods that allow the camera and big lens to "flop down" when
transporting the assembly. Are there monopods that allow this, or are
there specific heads that bolt on that allow this functionality? What
do you guys recommend?

I've just bought a Manfrotto 679 monopod, with a ball and socket head.  Now
you come to mention it, the ball has a cut out which allows the head, c/w
camera and big lens to "flop down" for carrying........  Thanks for pointing
this out!  The head is a seperate item, whole thing cost GBP80. The head can
be used on a tripod, however, which I need to replace anyway.  Had a good
look at Manfrotto range & was impressed, so I bought one. Looks like my
visit to Silverstone this weekend may be off now, as I've probably got to
work :(  However I am keen to do some bike racing this season.  Also just
aquired a Motordrive 2, really nice piece of gear.

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
Devon
England