[OM] Angenieux slide viewer

Subject: [OM] Angenieux slide viewer
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 04:59:16 -0700
The Angenieux viewer referred to is one of the oddest slide viewers ever
made. The slide slips into a slot at the top, where it is backlit by a bulb
illuminating a square of frosted plastic. You view the slide by pulling
forward a vertical door to reveal a mirror at the bottom. (There's no such
thing as a "reflecting lens.")

The nice thing about mirrors is that they have no chromatic aberration. The
image quality is thus a lot better than that of the usual run of cheap,
lens-based slide viewers. And the image is larger, too.

I bought my Angenieux over 30 years ago, for around $15. It would be a shame
if it were no longer made, as it was one the best slide viewers.